Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Im an ALIEN....


So this week has been long but fast at the same time.  Today is p-day and we cleaned our flat then had to take the bus to Ermington to get groceries.  One of the members came and picked us up so we wouldn't ahve to take them all on the bus HALLELUJAH! We reallllllyyyy need a car.  We are seriously always late, and you know how I feel about that.  My companion walks really slow to and I am a speed walker so I always have to stop and wait for her to catch up... I need a car ha.  

Well after I am done emailing you all we are going to catch another bus to the church and have a nerf gun war with our district.  They rock and i am excited.  We are supposed to be there now but we wanted to email first.  I hope you are all doing well!  

Anyways God works in small miraculous ways. One of our investigators I was reading the Book of Mormon with to help her.  And I thought I would just ask her what is holding her back.  She told me all her problems and started to cry.  It really touched me.  I realized all she needs to do is pray and really ask god if these things are true, and then listen.  i asked her to do it at the end of the lesson with us and she said she would.  during her prayer it really touched my heart.  She always refers to the BOM as "the mormon bible" and it really erks me but during her prayer she asked heavenly father to help her know if the BOOK of MORMON was true!! She called it the Book of Mormon not "the mormon bible" it made me cry.  I know it sounds silly but really its small steps like that that touch your heart.  Some of our investigators are doing really well. Others it is hard to teach....


Anyways yesterday was a veryyyy interesting day.  we went around town looking for less-actives homes.  We could not find this one so I asked this man who was sitting on his porch.  He had a questionable appearance but I asked anyways and boy were we in for it.  He said that he has visited the sun and that he has been abducted by aliens.  He also said that George Bush is a bad man and that he kidnapped him and put him in a military prison for 5 years.  Then he said that since I have beautiful green eyes that I could be an alien.. I said "no i am for sure a human being" and he said "thats exactly what they'd say..." yeah.... welcome to the kuku train. And the best part is that my compnanion wants to go back next sunday and teach this man.. no way am I going back.  It made for a fun experience though...

Love, Sister Boiteux
           
                                                                Sisters in the district!!


     Just being silly...


Nerf Wars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment