Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It felt like CHRISTMAS!!!!!


HELLLOOOO FAMILY!!!
This has been the greatest week ever!!! First off It felt like Christmas because I received not just one, but THREE letters in the mail!  Usually it is my companion who gets the mail and I say "yayy yayy Im so excited for you" but inside im like "where is mine"  anyways as we were returning home for lunch I saw a white corner sticking out of the bottom. I went to open it and saw an envelope and under that another one, and under that one another! I thought "oh cool three letters I wonder who they are for" so I turned them over and one for Sister Boiteux, two for Sister Boiteux, OH MY GOSH 3 LETTERS FOR SISTER BOITEUX!!! Two were from the old man grandpa Boiteux and one was from Carly (who by the way is my new favorite sibling!!) My companion died because I picked up my first letters I've gotten I made some weird noise as I jumped up and down and then right there in front of our complex I burst in to tears... Yes Dylan I added that to my cry count haha.  I was so happy it just made my day.  Handwritten letters are the best! Because you can hold them, smell them, and just see the well known handwritting of your loved ones.  Email just isn't personal enough for me ha.  So that was good.
 
Last p-day we went to the "ocean' which was actually a river that joins with the ocean later.  It was still fun though.
Today we are going put put golfing. Yayy! Yuo all know how awful I am at golf so we shall see how this goes haha.
 
The miracle for the wek was that we meet what they call a "golden" investigator.  Lets call him R so we went to help R's step mom in the garden and we said we were missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Well when R, who was in his house, heard the name Jesus Christ he came out to investigate.  We taught him the first lesson and made a return appoitnment.  At the return appointment on Saturday he told us that because of the testimony I shared of the Book of Mormon and my conviction of the truth of this gospel he had quite smoking.  We didn't even know he smoked he just stopped.  We were stunned.  I had no I idea that my testimony could touch someone like that, it wasn't me it was the spirit for sure.  We set a baptismal date for September 28 and he came to church yesterday and made many freinds.  It is amazing how the Lord Truly does prepare people to hear the gospel!!
 
My goal for each of you adults is to do your home and visiting teaching!! You may not think it is important but it is. Let me tell you why.  Yesterday as we were returning home for the night we ran into a less active member.  We started to talking to him and with tears in his eyes he told us he needs our help. He needs soemone to talk to.  I asked him if his home teachers had been around and he didn't even know who his home teachers were. I was furious.  This man was breaking inside and his fellow brethren were not there to support him! He said he wanted to come to church but it is hard for him, he needs someone to talk to. My heart broke for this man who I could feel the love God has for him and the help he needs.  So step up!! Become that personal Savior or Angel or whatever yo want to call it.  People need you even if you think they don't.  Home teaching and visiting teaching is inspired.  There is a reason for it.  People may not need you now but eventually they will.  So step up and help!! That is it im stepping off my soap box. 
 
STUPID OF THE WEEK:
I don't have a funny so here is a stupid. So anyways tehre is this one star that is SUPER bright that appears in the sky at like 6 every night.  I thought we should name it so.. trying to be creative I came up with Peteux (a mix of Pea and Boiteux) cool right... Well my companion burst into laughter. She was dying! And I didn't know why.  I thought my name was  cool.  She informed me that in french Peteux (the way I pronounced it anyways) is the word for when a male has surgery to change into a female... ummmmm yeahhh.. No longer will that star keep that name.  The french language and i do not get along. 
Sister Pea was talking to a member in french and supposedly the member said that she had been gaining to much weight and needed to lose some.  They paused in their convo and looked at me.  Trying to be cool I smoothly said "oui oui" (which is prounced we we or yes yes in english).  So unknnown to me I had just agreed with this member that she was fat.. yeah I felt bad haha but tehy just laughed! At least they understood haha. 
 
Well I love you all,
Sister Boiteux




No comments:

Post a Comment