Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

What will you give?


Dear Family,
This has been a really hard week all around. Everyday is a rollercoaster but all I can do is keep pressing forward in faith that the Lord will provide a way.  I won't go into details about everything but yeah it was a hard week and my faith was tested but everything always works out in the end.  Funny how that happens.
We had a baptism on Saturday for Melvin which was an interesting event haha. Needless to say it is funny how Satan does everything possible to get the baptism to not happen or to not be a good experience but he failed because it was a very good event and the spirit was felt. It was great to see Melvin be baptised into Gods church with someone by authority. The priesthood power and the ordinances done by that power changes our lives, and I am blessed to see that in the faces of those around me. 
This week we went tracting for like the first time ever which is always an adventure. If you've ever been on a mission you know what I mean.  However we did get a potential family to teach out of it. I hope we will start teaching them.  But after finding them tracting just went down down down hahah.  The last house we tracted was of a young family and the mom said "yeah you are probably right but we are not interested" after that I started to tear up.  I told my comp. it is hard because you have so little time to say the right thing. You want to leave something they will grab onto. I was worried that what I said wasn't strong enough. That we were in essence "leaving squishy bananas instead of a basket full of chocolates". My companion said something profound. We are not meant to leave chocolates but merely bread and water. Bread and water. Like the sacrament. Like the representation of the body and blood of Christ we partake of each week. To those who are not "starving" they will not partake but those who need the nutrients that can only be found in the gospel they will partake of what seems like just a simply meal but yet they will be nourished and filled. That is what we are hear to do is to leave that loaf of bread and cup of water to our brothers and sisters. If they are hungered they will eat.
I know that this work is important.  Even though this is the most frustrating, exhausting, hard thing that I have ever had the priviledge of doing I know how important is is to help the Lord do His work.  I don't know why I've been chosen, why I needed to come but yet here I am.  I know that in my weaknesses He will help me be strong.
I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be his mouthpiece.  I know all my trials are helping me to become a better person. Hard companions, tired muscles, pounding headaches, lonliness, and every other difficult circumstance just helps us become the best version of us, if we let it. He places us in the fire of our afflictions so we can become refined and perfect (1 Nephi 20:10 and DC 128:24). I believe that in greek to be perfect means to be whole, to be complete.  That is what he means when he says "therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect" (3 Nephi 12:48). That doesn't mean what the world was define as "perfect" but to just become whole or complete. And the only way to do so is through Him.
Here in Australia they obviously don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but they totally should ha, so instead they get ready for Christmas SUPER early. My companion and I discussed this in studies today and talked about how people really don't focus on the CHRIST part of CHRISTmas.  We focus more on Santa and me..me..me.  But take a moment and think.. what has Christ given you? I know you always here what will you do for Christ but really what will you do? He sacrificed his LIFE for YOU! He gave you the most sacred thing he could give, and he just keeps giving. So I ask you what will you give him? As you prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving this Thursday and discuss everything you are grateful for (everything he has seen fit to give you) I want you to then talk about at the table as you are stuffing your face with turkey and dads delicious corn... what you will give him for Christmas. I don't just mean better prayers or scripture study but what are you really willing to sacrifice for HIM? I'm here sacrificing everything for him and I can even do better so I know that you there in beautiful Utah, California and Washington can do it to! Come up with something you will sacrifice and write it down as a family goal and do it! For example:
We will sacrifice our money by buying a gift for some who isn't as fortunate as us.
or
We will sacrifice our time by volunteering at a soup kitchen.
 
Whatever it may be let it be a sacrifice.  I know if you do so that it will be the best Christmas you've ever had! Remember "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17). Well hey now look at me I sound like a missionary committing you to act and change and become "perfect" hahaha.
Well my dear family, friends, or whoever you may be. I love you so much! Thanks for all your prayers and support. My family thanks for your sacrifices you do so that I can be here serving my God. I love you and am grateful for you!
Have a great week!
Love.
Sister Boiteux

No comments:

Post a Comment