Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

3 Nephi 11:6-14

Hello everyone! Another week down only fifty million more to go ha. 
This week for me is all about patience... my least favorite virtue. Patience is hard on a mission because for each companion and each area you have to learn to be patient in a different way. But I guess it is good because it is helping me learn and grow. 
I seriously can't believe how fast this transfer has FLOWN by! This is the last week. I have a feeling Sister Keikyu and I will be here together for awhile longer.. we shall see da da dummm...
The past few days have been hard but I have really tried my best to stay positive. My companion is really homesick so I have been trying my best to help her get through it but man it is hard to stay positive for two. I dont smile as much as I used to and that is something I need to work on again..
But we perservere and keep working. 
We had a lesson with this really cute couple on Thursday and we began to teach the Plan of Salvation, they had so many tough questions, especially regarding the fall. It was real fun haha. My companion totally went blank and just sat there looking confused. I just kept having to talk and nudge her to pitch in. To say the least it wasn't the best lesson but it also wasnt the worst. Luckily we had a member there who saved the lesson. She is a convert herself so she bore a really strong testimony. All we can do is pray that our investigators will pray to know if what we said is true and that the spirit can testify to them that it is. Thankfully I dont have to convert anyone, that is the spirits job :)
Afterwards we had a really good dinner appointment which made up for all the anxious feelings we felt haha, you can always count on food and good members haha. 
Friday we had a HUGE miracle. So all of our appointments feel through so we decided to drive far away to the library to do 12 week study. Well when we got to the librrary we realised it was closing in 30 minutes (bad planning on our part) so we decided to just go street contacting and NOBODY was interested. It was getting so depressing and man I was getting frustrating because the whole day had just gone flop but then we were talking to this young boy (who wasnt interested) when this man pulled up in his car with his young daughter and sadi something like "sorry to interrupt but are you from some church?" 
We explained that yes we were from "some church" and then he proceeded to tell us he really needed to meet with us but he was headed out at the moment so he wanted to give US his number. It was a miracle! So we exchanged numbers and then later when we contacted him via the phone he told us we can meet enxt week. So hopefully all goes well when we see  him. It just goes to show that if you do everything you can to serve the Lord as good as you know how then he will help you in his own due time. Even if it is at the end of the day. For we know that all the best miracles and blessing come at the end. :)
It is peculiar how just right when you want to give up and quit and just collapse and cry the Lord gives you just enough to keep going. 
I also had another really cool experience. This is probably the biggest tender mercy i've had  for myself on my mission. One particularly hard morning I was reading in 3rd Nephi about the destruction of the people in the Americas after the death of Christ up to his appearance after the Resurrection. In verse 9 of chapter 10 it says " and it came to pass that thus did the three days pass away. And it was in the morning, and the darkness dispersed from off the face of the land..." As I read this I felt like sometimes in life we get into our own dark stage. Where all the light is gone and we just feel lonely, sad, depressed, and scared. And this morning I was kind of feeling that way. And in my mind I was imaging what it would be like for these nephites who had been encompassed about with complete and utter darkness but then when the Lord was about to come the sun came up and its warm rays began to penetrate the black of night. And it said in that verse that it didn't just vansih but the darkness "dispersed" it went away gradually. It is like a foggy day and the sun is slowly making the fog roll away until only the sunlight beams through. It was really quite beautiful in my mind. Anyways, I digress. So I was sad and felt in my own dark stage this morning and as I was reading this and continued to read about the appearance of Christ and in verse 11 of chapter 11 Christ says "And behold, I am the light and the life of the world;..." So Christ was the light that could help me. After I read this I prayed in my heart and I had the subtle impression to look in my stationary box and taht I would find a note from my mom there. At first I brushed it off as my own mind trying to comfort me but I still thought "why not it couldnt hurt to try" so I grabbed my box and began to sift through it. At first there was nothing, and nothing still. A little over half way through nad I thought "this is stupid why am I doing this" but then as I kept going out slid a little note from my mom that said "Christ never said it would be easy but only that it would be worth it. Just keep going honey."  
I began to cry of course. It was a tender mercy from the Lord. My mothers words were my ray of sunlight after my own darkness. I know it may sound silly to all of you but to me it meant a lot. That was probably the last note from my mom that I will find. 
So yeah that was that. It was a good week.
Well now on to what I did today. Today we went to the zoo and I got to feed and pet a baby kangaroo. it was cool. I will send pics. WEll have a good week! I love you all and hope taht you can see your own miracles and tender mercy too! 

Love.
Sister Boiteux

No comments:

Post a Comment