Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

BEcome


Dear Familia,
This week nothing new has really happened. The work is still going slow which is frustrating as but I know that the Lord sees our efforts and will magnify them. I know that if I keep working as hard as I can that some miracle lies ahead.
I'm trying my best to serve my companion and have more patience with her. I really hope that Heavenly Father will help me to develop the patience that I need so that I can become more purpose centered. Is is really hard because the natural self wants me to be self centered and ask "well why can't my companion ever do anything for me, why do I always have to put in the effort?" or say things like "nobody cares about me, why can't I just have a friend and feel loved?" Well the fact of the matter is if we want to have a friend then we first have to BE that friend! Just like at school if you want to see straight A's then you have to "become" straight A's, meaning you have to put in the effort. See the goal and then work towards it. It is really really really hard work but I know that if I try my best that the Lord will qualify my work and help me develop a friendship with my companion. I just need to stay in the right mind set. Really we are our own worst enemies and we need to learn to change that! Well I now digress with my thoughts so let me just reign back a bit haha.
So probably the funnest part of the week was our Japanese food night! We went to the Balden families and Sister Keikyu and I (mostly sister keikyu) helped cook. Sister Keikyu was in heaven and the food was quite divine. Blake yes you should be jealous! ;)
Also since being here my tolerance for hot food has increased, I love spicy food ha.
In all honesty really not much has happened that I really can mention... sorry for that. I need to start keeping a better record of what I want to tell yous.
So basically the thing I have realised most this week is how much more mellow I am becoming. Of course I still get stressed and have my freak outs but I am a lot calmer. I still have a long way to go before I can say I have claimed patience as a success but I am trying my best. I am also learning to be more open with others. Today during my studies I learned that in order to have an increase of faith it all starts with charity-which is the pure love of Christ. In Moroni 7 it states that faith and hoped are tied together and come due to meekness and lowliness of heart which are all a result of charity. I need to develop more charity mostly for my companion. As I do this I know that the faith I have in the Lord will also increase. As we are in the service of our fellow being we are only in the service of our God (Mosiah 2:17). I am learning to control my attitude and behaviour.  There is a quote that says soemthing like "True doctrine understood changes attitude and behaviour quicker than a study of behaviour changes behaviour." meaning as we study the doctrine of Christ and apply it into our life then we will see the way we act and react start to become more Christlike. We will start to BECOME like Christ. Our purpose here on earth was all about BECOMING! We came so we could BE! Contention, yelling, fighting, holding grudges, rolled eyes, sarcasm, pain, broken hearts, bruised bodies and spirits.... these are things of the devil. The greatest way he drives the Spirit of God away from us is by creating feelings of anger, envy, jealousy, and hate. As we let into our hearts and minds it will make us become more like Him-the creator of all evil.  One thing is fact though. Even Satan can not take away our power of agency. So choose now. Who do you want to BECOME? The choice is yours. In those moments of intense rage when all that you can see is the intensity of red, instead thing of the redness of the blood of Christ. Then picture the white-the purity of His resurrection. Picture the one being who has felt all those feelings and more. Picture Him and let Him take it from you. Only in this way can we be set free and become the person we want to be and that God expects us to be. It isn't easy. Even as a missionary I am still learning everyday how to think more of Him in my choices. It is hard work. We get so caught up in life but you know He is the reason we have life so maybe take time to think of that.
I love my Saviour.
Well I have a word of advice to go with that. From me to you... be grateful for what you have now! Here I've learned that you don't know how much you have to be grateful for until you no longer have it. Now that is pretty sad. So just so you can be happier learn to be grateful now for what you have. So in the future you won't feel sad that you weren't more thankful. God has given us all good things for our happiness and growth. Use it wisely and gratefully.
Now to go with that word of advice is also an added caution. Don't procrastinate for tomorrow what you could have done today. Laziness NEVER was happiness. Here I've learned the busier that I am serving the Lord the happier I am. Also I have learned the importance of a little thing called TIME MANAGEMENT! Now is the time to prepart to meet God (Alma 34:32). He is teaching us how to live His higher law. Don't you think he'd want us to know how to work effectively all day, every day? (Alma 13:27-29)
Cool fact: In my personal study of the Book of Mormon I read a quote from Joseph Smith that says the name "Mormon" literally means "more good" (History of the Church 5:400). Isn't that awesome! So in other words the Book of Mormon means "The Book of More Good". Right on! What do you think of that? I know the Book of Mormon is one of those things we need to learn to be grateful for. It is one of those good things God has given us to prepare to live with Him. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of our Saviour Jesus Christ and that as Joseph Smith said "a man will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book".  I know this because I've felt that in my own life as I read and ponder over its words. It is a direction/instruction manual for our lives. I love this book! Sometimes when I feel fearful or scared I just pick up my proslyting copy and hold it as I read over the front cover that reads
The Book of Mormon
Another Testament
Of Jesus Christ
Powerful!! In the book Our Search for Happiness by Elder M Russell. Ballard he says "The Apostle Paul encouraged the Thessalonian Saints:"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). It is my simple, sincere belief that anyone who will take the time to prove the Book of Mormon-that is, study it, ponder about it, and ask God to tell you if it is true-will want to "hold fast" to it because it is, indeed, the word of God. As the second great Book of Mormon prophet, Nephi, said:"And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will beileve in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good" (2 nephi 33:10)
Nephi's message is the central focus of the Book of Mormon: bringing people to Chrsit and teaching them "that they should do good". And according to the prophet Mormon, that's an excellent indication that the book is worthy of your time and consideration. He wrote:
"Everything which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to belive in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
"But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in chrsit, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him...
"Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye many know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ" (Moroni 7:16-17,19).
That's wise scriptural cousel-for yesterday, today,and forever."  End quote
(see pages 49-50)
I add my testimony and witness that this book,The Book of Mormon, is indeed the word of God. I know that it is good. Please read, ponder, and pray about this book. Honestly what harm could come from it. Nothing. Only the devil would tell us not to read it. So be brave. Pick it up. And learn more about your eternal destiny! Don't just take my word for it.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
xoxo.
Sister B




No comments:

Post a Comment