Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I believe in miracles


Hey Everyone!
How is it going? So I didn't write down what I wanted to say before hand so this will probably be a short email this week. Anyways transfers where this week but I am staying in Bankstown with Sister Keikyu. We will see how this transfer goes.
So miracle for the week: All our appointments cancelled on us one day so we decided to go to a members house to check on a referral, yet the member wasn't there. So we decided to go visit some less actives we had never met before. At one house we came to the mom told us we couldn't talk to her but we could talk to her daughter. We had a great lesson with her! She is 17 and has been struggling to come to church without her family. She told us she had prayed to God the night before and asked Him to help her find happiness and then what do you know... the next day two sister missionaries stopped by! It was really humbling. I cried with her as she bore her testimony to us. At the end of it she told us about one of her less active friends so we took her with us to visit her friend and his family where we had another great lesson. It was a day of miracles.
Also a cool fact of the week. Every Saturday we go play touch rugby with the ward and it is a finding activity meaning it is for everyone: members, investigators, non-members, and less actives. Anyways I guess that a professional rugby player was there playing with everyone. He plays for the Parramatta Eels (a big rugby team here). At the end of the game the elders grabbed us and said we had to get a picture with him.. we were confused as to why but then felt cool afterwards haha. Unfortunately I do not have that picture.  Our dear zone leader Elder Wan went home this week and sister Keikyu and I were so sad to see him go. He was an awesome leader. It felt like our older brother was leaving us. It is amazing how close you get to everyone out here.
Furthermore AWESOME news! In February Elder Nelson is come to visit our mission and the North mission so we are having a combined conference where he will speak to us! I am so excited to listen to this apostle of the Lord! It is going to be the coolest thing EVER!!!!!! Super excited for that. President has asked us to prepare spiritually for it as he believes we will all get to shake his hand and meet him face to face. I am very excited!
Well I don't really know what else to say. I know this church is true. I know that God is our eternal father. I know Jesus Christ is my Redeemer and Saviour. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that my family can be forever as we strive to make and keep our sacred covenants that we can make in the holy house of the Lord. I am so grateful for my mission. It is a very hard thing to do but I KNOW it is shaping to outcome of my future life. I am grateful for the Lord pushing me to come here.
God bless you all!
xoxo.
Sister Boiteux

The district before transfers


Pig roast


PIZZA NIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment