Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Faith proceeds the Miracle


Faith. Faith. Faith. This single word has been resonating through my head since the moment I got in the car to drive to the MTC nearly 7 months ago. Faith is the key principle to all that we do and all that we are. Yesterday was the Pacific Area Leadership Broadcast and Elder Pearson (in the area presidency) said we need to have not only faith to serve, but ALSO faith to be successful. That really struck me because this WHOLE time I have just been working on having faith to go to work but NOW I need to have the faith to succeed. I am finally enjoying the work so now I just need to believe that I can help people and that I can become a strong missionary. I know I'm an okay missionary but I never think I can become great. The reason being is I set such a high expectation on myself that when I fall short I get discouraged and my confidence shatters. So today is a new day and I will have more faith that I can be successful. And that I dont have to be THE best but merely do MY best!
This week has been a week of miracles! It has been a very good week! We had tradeoffs with our Sister Training LEaderson Tuesday and it was great! I learned heaps! My STL's are great examples to me! they told us to create a vision for our mission. So I did. My first week here in Australia I created a vision of what I wanted to DO but as I've grown I've learned that it isn't what we do that shapes who we are but who we BECOME shapes what we do. For example, you learn to become more patient as you read the scriptures and as aquire this heavenly attribute it results in less yelling you do. Of course this is like faith. We learn in James 2:17 that faith without works is dead. Well so it is with becoming more like Chirst, the reason being we can't become more like Him without faith that we can. So.... in order to not digress any further I will get to the point. I created a vision of what I want to BECOME and then wrote how that will shape what I Do. See the difference?
This is my vision, it consists of 7 things I want to BE:
1. Be a full purpose, Preach My Gospel, missionary
2. Be a strong and capable leader
3. Be more patient
4. Be EXACTLY obedient
5. Be happy
6. Be more submissive and humble
7. Be the best ME that I can BE
 
There is a reason Jesus Christ gave the "beattitudes" in the Sermon on the Mount, not the "do-attitudes". To do as He would do we must first BE as He would BE!
This requires faith to be successful an faith to but it into action.
 
I will copy and paste a miracle that i sent to president to you. Here it is.
 
Dear President Lew,
This has been a great week with many many miracles! One of the best miracles was the change in an inactive member. We went to visit him many weeks ago but he had no desire to change. He has a hard time reading the Book of Mormon because he has a learning disability but we challenged him to it anyways. Well three days ago we had the impression to just stop by and say hello. As we did he told us that since we last came he couldn't get the thought of the church and God out of his head. He said he has been to the church website numerous times to look at it and has tried his best to read the Book of Mormon. His change was great. We invited him to Debbies baptism the following day and to church on Sunday. As we appeared at these events the members swarmed him with open arms and love. He told us he hasnt been to church since he was baptised in Melbourne in 1999. As the members spoke with him, invited him to things, and promised to come get him every Sunday for church you could see his heart melting. His eyes shone with the light of Christ. It was such a miracle to see the physical changes that came over his face when he realised that yeah this was his family, that this is where he belongs. It is amazing!
 
Cool aye?
 Elder Boyd K. Packer said that "True doctrine understood, changes attitudes and behaviours. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behaviour quicker than a study of behaviour will improve behaviour... that is why we stress so forcefully the study of the doctrines of the gospel"
 
For what is this gospel all about? It is about family and love. What more does anyone else want in life that a true sense of love and belonging. Well that is only found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Many people do not know this because since they havent actually experienced the changing effect of the gospel they do not know what they are missing. It is like chocolate (which I eat WAY to much of by the way). But yes chocolate. It is delicious and makes you happy. Well how could someone who has never tried chocolate know that it is delicious and makes you happy. Exactly, they couldn't. That is why as missionaries AND as members WE must be bold and faithful in inviting our loved ones, and even strangers, in partaking of this delicious goodness that we call the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true and it is pure, and I love it.
This gospel changes lives. It has changed mine. The greatest blessing is seeing the change-and desire to chnage- in my own attitude, bahaviour, and desire. For those fo you lacking in faith I URGE you to follow the cousel from the prophet Alma in the Book of Mormon. He says in Alma 32:27 "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words".
So my dear friends and family AWAKE AND AROUSE TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!! Experiment upon this gospel. Just try it. I promise you with the depths of my soul and heart that if you really wish to grow in faith and happiness that you WILL find that here. Just try it!!! Read the Book of Mormon. Just read it. I just have no words to explain how much my heart just desires you to have this happiness that I feel. It is consuming.
Okay well now I am just getting SOOO preachy. I love it. Ha. Honestly I do apologize for when I get like this but seriously guys!!! I love being a missionary and a representative for my Saviour. It is the greatest job we can have. When I have to take of this badge it will be the worst day of my life, no jokes. Well yeah... Next week I'll try not to stand on my soap box so much ha.
 Well I love you. I pray for you. Stay Safe.
 
XOXO
Sister Boiteux


With an awesome member!


Cake from the elders




Part of the district.. Birthday celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment