Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

All Day. E'ry Day!!


Hola! This week was long as but it was great! Sister Perez and I worked our hardest this week! I love being with her! We are so alike, although she is WAY more bubbly than I am... It is good to be with a companion who can make you laugh. I haven't laughed so much in my life... well since I was with all my besties back in the 84095. Sister Perez and I compliment each other. What i'm lacking she has and vice versa. It is cool because we were in MTC together and we will fly home together too. We were talking yesterday about how happy we are that we are serving because if we hadn't we would never know each other and all our other friends that we've met. I think most of the sisters I've met here will become some of my best friends after the mission. I love them so much!
Many trials in the work this week but it was cool because for every disappointment we saw miracles too! I'm sad because we haven't been able to get ahold of our investigator with a baptismal date in two weeks so we have to push it back. I hope we can see her soon and figure out what is going on. Opposition in all things right? Well I have truly realised that every area is different. The success I am having her is different than the success in the last area. Here is the area to work among the less-actives of the church. It has been such a joy for me to see my brothers and sisters renewing their baptismal covenants! I love missionary work!
Most of all I love the growth that I see within myself! The person I desire to be is slowly coming forth. The Book of Mormon is the key to success! In my Book of Mormon reading I am in Alma and this morning I just finished reading chapter 57. As you recall this is the chapter that discusses somewhat about the Sons of Helaman and their faith in the midst of adversity. I love verse 21 were it talks about what they did in order to receive the protection of the Lord. It says, "Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them."
In this simple verse we learn many important principles. First when we obey with EXACTNESS miracles will come. Second our exact obedience is a demonstration of our faith. Lack of obedience = lack of faith. Thirdly, we see the importance of righteous mothers in zion. This verse made me remember the example and faith of my own mother and how because of her example, and all the righteous women in my life, I became, in part, the person that I am today. I am here serving my mission because they helped me to know who I am and what I need to stand for. It also shows me what kind of mother I need to be someday. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here in this mission to learn the skills necessary to someday teach my sons and daughters the gospel, and that I do not doubt it!
My study of repentance was very good this week. Many of the people we are teaching are struggling to make the necessary changes in their life to draw closer to Christ. I learned the importance of inviting them to participate in appropriate commitments. Each commitment we extend need to focus on the things they need to repent, or change. Repentance is a gift from God. Satan tries to make it something scary and something we don't want to do, in otherwords he doesn't want us to change. For that is what repentance is, to change. I have seen many people change as they have learnt more about this message. For example this past week we visited with a less active sister who has gone back to many of her previous catholic ways. We have met with her week after week and she never wanted to commit to change, to repent. Well last week we saw her and she was telling us that she knows she needs to come to church but she doesnt know what is holding her back. As she was talking to us her grandchildren, who live with her, began to fight and the youngest began to cry. To rebuke them she turned and said to her grandchildren "that is it you need to learn disipline, we are going to church this week and you will be going to primary" it was so great! For once I was grateful the kids were fighting in a lesson. The kids were excited to, which is a crack up because this was supposed to be a punishment but in actuality it is a blessing for them all. So yesterday it was so great to actually see them walk through the doors of the chapel. Sometimes we can't figure out what we need to do or what is holding us back, all we know is that we need to change. Wether that change involves our desires, habits, or behaviours. On my mission I have learnt that repentance isn't just a once in a while thing you do when you make big mistakes but it is actually an every day occurance! I repent ALL the time, because I am changing all the time! My mission is shaping and refining me and one way it does that is by requiring me to repent and become more like Christ.
Repentance is a gift given to us to help us become more like Christ.
Well I love you all with all my heart, might, mind, and strength! Most of all I love my Saviour Jesus Christ and God the Eternal Father!
Well have a great week! Stay safe! Stay cool!
Love
Sister Boiteux
 

At a Tongan Wedding


Zone meeting with the gang. Love my new companion!!


Favorite yogurt shop

No comments:

Post a Comment