Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

How it is..

Hello family! This week has literally FLOWN by! It is nuts! Honestly I dont know hwere the time is going. AH!! Sister Clegg and I are working as hard as ever and have seen soooo many amazing miracles! We have so many fun adventures which keep the work fun.
So I will just give an accounting of my days I suppose
*Monday: P-day which was as crazy s ever. We went shopping but I didnt buy anything.
*Tuesday: We had exchanges with the chinese speaking sisters. So guess what? I got to go to the City! The sisters in the chinese program dont have an area so they cover both missions. I didnt see the touristy things you're imagining but as we drove into the city I did spot the tip tops of the Harbour Bridge which was sooo cool! But seriously driving in the city was SCARY! Man I felt like I could have been in New York or something. Luckily we survived and made it out alive ha. By the end of the day I had a slight headache from listening to chinese all day but it made me just that more grateful for the language that I was called to speak... english yayy :)
*Wednesday: We had exchanges back at my old area BANKSTOWN! I worked with Sister Perez again which was fun but it was weird being back there ha. We have both grown a lot in the past 3 weeks so it was fun to work together again and see that growth in one another. One fun part of that day was we met an old italian couple and started talking to them. They were so cute! They didnt speak very good english but none the less we struck up a conversation. The old lady, Agnus, asked if we would like a lemon. We said sure and so she went and pulled some off her tree and came pack with TEN! She just started stuffing themn in our bag and then she went and cut these BEAUTIFUL flowers of her bush and gave them to us too. We felt so loved. Gramma Shirley I will attach a pic so if you know the name of it you can tell me :) They didn't understand much of what we said but I hope that in someway they ccould feel the power of our message.
*Thursday: finally back in the SHIRE! We had sad news though. We learned that one of our investigators who we hoped would get baptised soon is moving four hours north (which is in the north mission) so we cant see her anymore. We were so sad. The whole ward is sad! She has been investigating a really long time and is a "dry mormon" meaning she keeps all the commandments and teachings and yet isn't baptised. We will miss ehr so much. Luckily Thursday night we had a really inspired lesson with her about the first vision and we had her write down her testimony as we played soft piano music. We all got really emotional. It was a really good lesson...
Also totally random but on thursday I saw my first Huntsman spider ahhh!
*Friday: such an entertaining day! Elder Harry who is from Venautu scaled the church building to grab another huntsmen. He knocked it to the ground and then picked it up saying "beautiful beautiful" all 6 of us in our district plus the Assistants to the Presidnet who were with us for our meeting ran out to watch all of this. After Elder Harry proceeded to kill the spider, which was sooo sad to me, we all turned to go back in the church realising that we had locked ourselves out and all our stuff in. Meaning our phones, car keys, and keys to the chapel! We tried every window and door to see if we could get in somehow. And to make it better it was raining ha. Finally our district leader realised he actually did have his cellphone so they called the ward clerk to come let us in so we could actually have our meeting ha. It was so funny. 

Well that is as far as I got to write in my notebook to write on an email so I will just tell you know that the best part of this week was how inspired our palnning has been. Sister Clegg and I are really working by the spirit. It feels so good to knwo that the Lord is using us as His instruments. Sometimes we feel so inadequate for our callings but we know that the Lord has qualified us for His work.
Well I love you all heaps!
Have a great week!
Love
Sister Boiteux


No comments:

Post a Comment