Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

lds.org go there!

Ugh I am the worst! Once again I don't really know what to say ha. This week has been HECTIC AS!! I don't think I've ever gone to bed so exhausted in my life. My new companion Sister Clegg is also from Utah. She is an amazing sister and I am grateful she is my trainer on all things Sister Training Leader. She is a good example to me. We are still learning how to be a companionship together though. It is funny because we served in the same district back in Parramatta and we always joked around that we would be companions one day but never really believed it. And now here we are 9 months later as companions. Weird... It has been really fun though. I miss Bankstown but Sutherland is beautiful! I love this area. I love seeing the ocean and smelling the ocean. Just being out of the city and a little bit more into nature is fun for me.
Today was fun we woke up at 5:30 and went with a member to watch the sun rise over the ocean. Unfortunately it was cloudy so we didn't see much of the sun rise but it was still cool to see the waves crashing against the cliffs. It was cold as though! Brrr.. winter is slowing rolling in. Afterwards we went to see where Captain Cook landed (he is the person who found and colonized Australia). It was really cool! We raced back home just in time for our morning studies! 
This past week we saw many miracles. One of my favourites is about prayer! Sister Clegg and I had to go to this little shop and we decided to park our car and walk there. Before we left our car we offered a prayer to Heavenly Father that He would place in our path someone who He had prepared to hear the gospel. Not even 5 minutes later we found him. It was so funny Sister Clegg and I were deep in conversation and the first person who walked past us was this man. We awkwardly dropped off talking and just said "hello" he looked at us and then said "Oh hello Sister Clegg!" My goodness her face was priceless, I'm sure mine was too. I guess this man had investigated the church a few months back with soem of the other sisters who use to serve here. He had gone to the ward Christmas party and remembered everyone. We talked with him and got a return appointment. We just had our first lesson with him last night. It wasn't our best lesson together but we did our best. Luckily we were able to get another appointment for later this week. So it was cool! Miracles happen! Even more than that after we said bye to him we kept walking and started talking to another man. He had tats all over his body, multiple body piercing and just looked scary. Anyother time and I probably wouldn't have said hello. But as we started talking to him he really opened up and told us his story and why he doesn't believe in God. We testified of the love Heavenly Father has for us and of restored truths. We got his number but he never replied. Hopefully in some way we helped him draw closer to God. You know one important thing I have really learned is that EVERYONE HAS A STORY! Before we judge someone lets first learn their story. You never know why someone is the way they is. But one thing is certain.. no matter who you are or what you do we are ALL beloved children of God. 
I know that you probably all listened to conference this past week. Wasn't it just amazing!? I loved it!!! If you hadn't had the opportunity to do so I strongly encourage you to go listen to those talks. For those of you who aren't members you can go to our church website at lds.org and find the link for the conference talks there. Do it! :) 
I have seriously loved my mission. Yesterday we were talking to President and in his office he has this little closet called "The Coffin" in it is the pictures of all the missionaries who will "die" this year. Meaning all of us who go home in the next year. Since I go home in December I am in there. When I saw my picture in the coffin I wanted to cry. It made me so sad. I am excited to go home in 9 months to see my family but at the same time I dread not being a missionary anymore. I love wearing this badge. Don't get me wrong there are many moments I just want to give up but the thing is I don't because I know that this is where I need to be and I know that if we just endure and push that much harder to become that much better than we will see the changing power of the Atonement in our lives. 
As Easter is upon us I hope that you will all take time to reflect and ponder on the effect of the Atonement of our Saviour Jesus Christ in your life. He has done so much for us. Without Him and His everlasting sacrifice we simply would not have hope. And without hope there would be no happiness. 
Well folks, now I am just ranting. I don't know what more to say. I love this area. I love this work. I love my calling. I love it all!
Have a great week!!!!

Love
Sister Boiteux

No comments:

Post a Comment