Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

New Companion

Bonjour!
I hope you are all doing well. This past week has been an absolute whirlwind! I was the biggest bawl baby ever this past weekend. We found out that Sister Clegg was being released as STL her last transfer and being transferred. We were gutted. We cried (more like I did the crying for the both of us haha). We realised that the Christlike attribute we learned from each other was true JOY. Yes it is a Christlike attribute because only Christ has a fullness of Joy. And someday we can too. But these past 2 transfers we got a taste of what that is like. I miss her soooo much but I know that the Lord has other things in store for us, and that we will always be sisters. She is amazing!
My new companion is just as amazing too and I know that with time we can draw closer. Her name is Sister Vos and she is from Auckland New Zealand. She is very bubbly and happy and down to earth. She is cool, and frankly I need to be a little more like her too. I will be training her on how to be a Sister Training Leader. It is a bit scary because usually Sister Clegg took the lead in planning and she had the roads and areas memorised and now I have to all that! The crazy thing is Sister Vos served here a couple transfers ago for 4 1/2 months! So she has been in this area longer than I have haha. The members are all freaking out that she is back. It is interesting. That never happens that you serve in one area twice.. plus this was her place of "birth" meaning this is where she started her mission so she has come along way since then. It will be an interesting 6 weeks.
I got to go to the temple this morning which was nice. I just prayed and prayed and prayed and petitioned with the Lord to help my anxiety to calm it down. Anxiety is not something I like having haha. Change does not help, especially unwanted change. But change is good because it requires growth. There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.
Also our new mission president and his wife, President and Sister Back, have arrived. They are awesome! They are the funniest people ever! It is excited to finally have a mission mom and dad who wont leave in just a couple months. It will be great getting to know them better. Miracle wise we had a great lesson with Marcela this past week and Sister Palmer (our old mission mom) came with us. It was a really good lesson and Sister Palmer gave us a lot of advice on how we can teach better since Marcelas has a hard time understanding us when we teach (spanish is her first language). It was a really good lesson. Another cool story is we had a lesson with a less active member named Robin. Her husband died a couple months ago and she has been a mess. She joined the church nearly 50 years ago when she was 14 but feel inactive quickly thereafter so she remembers NOTHING. When we taught her the Plan of Salvation in her home the spirit was so strong! We cried with her. You can see her eagerness to just know that she will see her dear husband again, she really loves him. We will see her again on Friday. We also went to visit our potential investigator Paul. His stories from WW2 were just crazy!!! It was interesting because we talked with him and heard his stories and then we went to see a crazy investigator who talks a lot about the devil and scary stuff like that. So we left just feeling like "ick" well that night both Sister Clegg and I both had our first nightmares in like ages. We woke up and talked about it. It was such a testimony to me that when we only think of sad evil things that really does have an influence on us. It is sad that in the news that is all we hear about. It for sure has an effect on our spirit. We both said a prayer. Im grateful for the mission and that here you face sad things but our message is one of love, and peace.
Pauls stories were INSANE though. He was in two concentration camps and he had one of his fingers blown off when the gestapo tried to stop him from escaping. I recorded his stories so we will have to listen to them when I get home in the not so distant future. It was really interesting but extremaly sad. I wish he would open his heart to hearing the gospel, but he isn't.
Well I love you. I dont really know what else to say.... I hope that you have a great week!
Love
Sister Boiteux




No comments:

Post a Comment