Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Dash (Email from July 20)

My mind is blocked from exhaustion so instead of telling you a play by play of my week I will instead share a cheesy poem with you that I wrote this week haha. Dont laugh...
Background: President Palmer told me to write down my goals for my last few months so I did that and labeled the list "The Dash" and to go with my list I wrote a poem. Here it is in all its glorified cheesy-ness.
The Dash
The time remaining is short.
I'll give it all that I have.
The importance isn't when I started or when I finish
but what I did/do with the time between the two.
Dash from the start, dash to the finish.
Legs pounding, heart pumping.
Keep progressing.
The only importance is what I do with the time remaining.
Keep growing, keep learning.
Dash from the start,dash to the finish.
Legs pounding, heart pumping.
Keep progressing.
The journeys been hard.
A battle to win.
Tears, fears, and pains.
Yet I'd not take away, or give up,
that portion of the dashing.
Tears lead to cleansing,
fears lead to courage,
Pains lead to strength.
I'm Becoming.
The only importance is what I do with the time remaining.
Dash from the start, dash to the finish.
Legs pounding, heart pumping.
Keep progressing.
The end is near, I see it now.
And yet I wonder "How?"
I dreamt for it and yearnt for it
and yet,
I cry over it, wish to avoid it, and hurt over it.
I've grown from the dash.
This accelerated time of becoming.
I fear to give it up and yet,
I know at the end the dash just begins.
A new start to a new end.
Repeat.
Dash from the start, dash to the finish.
Legs pounding, heart pumping.
Keep progressing.
-Sister Boiteux


No comments:

Post a Comment