Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Booted to Canberra

Oh my goodness everyone! The Lord is good! I have been transferred to a new area and I already LOVE IT! It was a 2 1/2 hour drive down here and it was SO beautiful! Just farm land and open pastures! I drove down with Sister Lam who is serving with her first cousin as her companion which is soooo cool! It was a great drive! It is nice to finally be out of the city haha. I was released as a STL for my last two transfers which I am very grateful for because now I can just really focus and sprint to the finish! I am in the Woden ward in Canberra, Australias capitol city, and my new companion is Sister Manutulila. She is samoan but from Brisbane. She is 24 and her conversion is that she was LA for 10 years but finally came back and desired to serve.She has been out for 6 months and is a great missionary. She is so funny and amazing, I already love her heaps and I am excited to work with her. This area has so much potential I am blessed to serve here I reckon. Yesterday we spent a couple hours just cleaning and organizing the area book and heaps of paperwork left over from previous missionaries. I'm going to help whip this area back into shape, I don't like unorganization so we fixed that. It was really fun. And then tonight we will start with visiting people. I'm pretty excited, we both are. Sister Manutulila has only been here a transfer longer than me so we are both still pretty fresh so it will be a good learning experience for us both.
I was really sad to leave Sutherland and especially Sister Vos. We both knew it was time for us to be seperated so that we could apply what we have learnt from one another. I am so grateful for all the lessons that I learnt from her about charity and service. She is the most charitable person that I have EVER met! Seriously I love her and miss her heaps but it is good that we can both grow from these new experiences. Leaving an area is always a humbling experience because that is really when you recognize the good you did, or didn't do, I am happy I can say that in Sutherland, altough it was a tough area, I did the best that I could. I know the Lord is pleased with my efforts. If He wasn't I wouldn't have been placed in the situation that I am now blessed to be apart of. I know that there will be many challenges ahead, I expect that for that is how we grow, but I know that if I petition Him faithfully through prayer He will answer me.
We never know how long we have upon this earth and it is crucial that we live life to its fullest, righteously of course. There are no things as "luck" or "coincidences" but everything is part of a divine plan. Many things are results of our choices-good and bad. But in all things do they pertain to our learning and growth.
I hope that I can continue to learn and to grow in my last little while as a full-time representative for the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that this church is the only true church upon this earth. It is the only church that contains the FULLNESS of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that in the year 1820 that a young 14 year old boy by the name of Joseph Smith did see God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ after a sincere and humble prayer. And that through him was God able to restore His true church. I know that we are led by a living prophet and living apostles and that Gods priesthood power has been restored to this earth. I know this because I have felt that priesthood power bless and influence my life. I have come to know that as I have not only read but APPLIED the principles and teachings found in the Book of Mormon. And most of all I know this because I have prayed and asked God and countless times Has testified to me through the Holy Ghost that it is true. Even when I begin to doubt sometimes I remember all things things and then I know all over again.
Boy am I glad to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Please continue to keep Sister Levine and her family in your prayers. I also pray for the Elder in The Salt Lake City West mission that he may be blessed as well!
Love
Sister Ashley Boiteux
 
About to leave each other! I love Sister Vos

About to leave each other! I love these sisters

On the bus on the way to our new locations with Sister Ziegner

My daughter, Sister Burgess, is a new Sister Training Leader! Like mother like daughter :)

Sister Levines parents. They are just wonderful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment