Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"You are stronger than you realize.
You are more capable than you can imagine.
You can do it now."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

This week has been a crazy week. Two MLC's, two exchanges, and a zone conference. My brain is overloaded with doctrine to internalize but it is awesome! So we had one of the area seventy come talk to us in MLC with helping our mission reach its true potential.. to say the least you could say our mission struggles with obedience. As us leaders come together in the unity of faith and obedience we can help those we serve to do the same. It was an inspiring Mission Leadership Council. This week I have really tried to understand and apply the principles of faith. Especially by having the faith to ask for help. It was so cool Sister Vos and I applied this principle of faith with a lesson we had with an inactive sister. She hasn't been to church in over 40 years! Woof. Well we had a really touching lesson, the room was thick with the spirit, we invited her to church and she said yes. The best part is she followed through on that promise and she came! She kept saying "im so brave for doing this" and yes she was. I dare to say that it touched her heart. It was such a powerful testimony to me that when we act in faith and speak in faith miracles happen, not only for us but for those around us.
This gospel is the truest and purest treasure we can possess in our lives. In the scriptures Christ says that when we lose ourselves in His service then will we find ourselves. I have truly learnt that principle. Deciding to come on a mission was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. Dont get me wrong it felt completely right, I had no IDEA where my life was going at that point. School was just useless and I had no direction. But then again I knew coming was right but I didn't necessarily want to do it. Seriously nobody wants to go work all day everyday for 18 months or 2 years and give up ALL their desires and preach something to people that we are still learning ourselves. It is scary! But nonetheless I knew God wanted me here, for a purpose I am just beginning to process, so I came.
With only three months left on my mission, and don't even get me started with how I feel on that (lets just say I am a jumble of emotions), I have more direction, hope, and purpose with the life I have ahead of me. I know it will require diligence and hard work but that is nothing new haha.  It is really exciting to learn more about who I am. What i think about myself and what God thinks about me. I know that if God loves me and is pleased with my efforts than I dont need to worry about what others think because all they will see when they see me is the light of Christ.  That is pretty darn humbling.
Today I read a talk by Sheri Dew titled "You Were Born to Lead, You Were Born for Glory" and it talked about the true potential we can achieve and that we should achieve. It was so empowering! Each of you should read it and try it out. Remember application is the key to growth. Learn and apply. Faith without WORKS is dead.
I love this work! I love my Father in Heaven and His Son, my Saviour, Jesus Christ.   A quote my mission presidents wife said is from a poet by the name of Longfellow? anyways it says "Every man has his secret sorrows that the world knows not of".
Yes the world does not know what we sorrow over but the Saviour does. Only He can heal us. Only He can lead us. But we must allow Him too. We may not know why we are asked to do something, just as I did not know why I needed to serve a mission, but as we put our faith in Him we can have the calm assurance that it will be for our benefit. Give up your will to him. Give it all up and he will make of you infinitely more than you can EVER make of yourself!

I love you all and hope I left you some food for thought. Have a good week!

Love
Sister Ashley Boiteux
 
MLC! love these meetings i learn so much! from left to right: Sister Vos (NZ), me, Sister Rushing (Washington), Sister Pagnin (Italy)
Eliza (now Sister Cashman) she was a member in our ward who did heaps for us and with us

Elizas setting apart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment