Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Know

There is power behind the simply phrase of "I Know". How many times I have stated that simply phrase over the pulpit, to my family and friends, to strangers on the street I do not know and cannot count but this I can say that each "I Know" statement carries power to the ears of humble listeners.
We are told that the greatest way to keep and sustain a testimony of faith needed to traverse the trials of life is to share it often. 
The other day we knocked on the door of a proclaimed aithest. This man said he grew up in an athiest home and had troubles believing in a just and merciful God. Where was the justice for the wicked? Where was the mercy for the righteous? "Life is not fair" he professed. Well I remembered all the words I had just heard from the Prophet, the Quorum of the Twelve, and the other general leaders of the church and I testified that I KNEW that there was such a being and that He loved us, each of us and that we have evidence of this in a book called The Book of Mormon Another Testimant of Jesus Christ. My companion double testified and added her own sincere witness to this man on his doorstep. He could not refute what we knew to be true. Many people ask us to tell them how we know what we know. Well I can not say how I know just like I can not describe the taste of salt to someone who has never heard of it before. We must each come to the being of all truth and ask Him to send us a confirmation, this is what we call personal revelation. This man, who said he was athiest, said we can come back and share more in his words he said "i've changed before I could change again". Yes sir you can. Because we shared our testimonies of what WE KNEW he helped Him draw one step closer to The Being who knows all.  I have met so many people of other faiths but not once have I ever heard someone say "I know what I know to be true" it is always I believe, or I think but never I KNOW. Only latter-day saints lay hold to that claim of I KNOW because we do know but we cannot explain to others how we do.  Just as Christ invited others to "Come and see" so to must we. He couldn't force anyone to believe, or know, He was and is the only begotten son of the Father but He could merely invite His elect to follow Him.

One of the sisters I live with told us a story. She met a young man on the street to professed to being a member of another christian church she replied "oh that is awesome! What makes your church different from all the other christian churches?" His reply was a stupified look on his face "Well I don't know" he said. This dear sister replied "Well let us tell you what we know makes our church unique from all else" she and her companion then went on to teach and testify of the restored gospel. Why? Because they knew what they know to be true and that it is unique. 
DONT KEEP THIS KNOWLEDGE TO YOURSELF!! Share it now, this very instant! Get online and share your testimony on facebook, through instagram share a pic of the Book of Mormon with a caption of it, share pictures of the temples where the power of the priesthood can seal us with our families for time and all eternity. Not even death can brake the power of those sealings, they overcome the bands of death through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

My time remaining as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints grows short. 64 days as my flatmates like to remind me. But I know that my time as a full time DISCIPLE and Representative of Him and his true gospel is eternally going. My badge may come off  :( but that does not mean I stop everything I am doing now and unlearn everything that I have sacrificed so much to obtain. I can honestly say I know more than most religious leaders in this world because I know that this church has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that it is today guided by the same priesthood authority that has existed in His true church since the beginning of time. That President Thomas S. Monson is the only true and living man with all the keys and authority to exercise those keys upon this earth. That the Quorum of the 12 Apostles are also prophet, seers,and revelators called to stand as sacred witnesses of Christ. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the same organization that existed in primitive times and has the power of God to usher in the work of salvation unto His children.

I dont know why I haven't had all the success I would like to have seen during my time here but I know that I have seen and done enough. I know that I still have cause to repent and progress. I can do better. It is hard sometimes because you feel increasingly inadequate the more you learn but at the same time you feel so privileged.  I know that my studies can be more inspired and that I can help my companion to progress more to. I know that if I can account each night, knowing I did my best, that the Lord finds my sacrifice and efforts acceptable- no matter the results I see or dont see. I dont need 3 baptisms a weekend to know that I have been a successful and powerful tool in the Lords hands. Baptisms mean nothing if the people aren't converted. Conversion is the key and if my simple smile and invitation-which is rejected at first- is enough to help them be converted in the future than that is enough for me. 

I love you all and I cant wait to see you in 64 days ha. I know that great things lay in weight for me and I am so excited to see them. Bumps, bruises and all.

Hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Ashley Marchel Boiteux
 
At Floriade- a big flower festival held here in Canberra

 

No comments:

Post a Comment