Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Lord is my Light

    1. The Lord is my light; then why should I fear?
      By day and by night his presence is near.
      He is my salvation from sorrow and sin;
      This blessed assurance the Spirit doth bring.
    2. (Chorus)
      The Lord is my light;
      He is my joy and my song.
      By day and by night he leads,
      He leads me along.
    3. 2. The Lord is my light; tho clouds may arise,
      Faith, stronger than sight, looks up thru the skies
      Where Jesus forever in glory doth reign.
      Then how can I ever in darkness remain?
    4. 3. The Lord is my light; the Lord is my strength.
      I know in his might I'll conquer at length.
      My weakness in mercy he covers with pow'r,
      And, walking by faith, I am blest ev'ry hour.
    5. 4. The Lord is my light, my all and in all.
      There is in his sight no darkness at all.
      He is my Redeemer, my Savior, and King.
      With Saints and with angels his praises I'll sing.
So I added the lyrics to this song for 
1. I have no idea what to say to you all today
2. This song speaks the words of my heart #cheesy
This week has been really good. I have prayed so hard that the Lord will help me to continue to focus and you know what it has really helped. For my companion to. Sad story... so Sister Manutulilas little sister just got married on Friday and her older sister gets married this Friday soooo needless to say there have been a few tears dropped, we have really tried hard to be busy to keep ourselves focused on our purpose.  
We had a cool miracle this past week. We decided to just ward list it and visit heaps of inactives and less actives. We wrote down this one lady's name but she wasn't home. We decided to knock her neighbors and talked with some teenagers walking down the street. Nobody was to keen so we were getting into our car to go to the next place when she pulled up. We went up and introduced ourselves, she was busy at the moment but invited us over for dinner in two days. We went back for the appointment and she told us, as she began to tear up, that it is funny how God works. She had prayed just a couple of days before for help (she doesn't even remember really what she was praying for) but then we decided to roll up.  She hadn't prayed in a long while and when she did we came. She said every time she prays the missionaries turn up. It must have been a while because nobody in the ward or any of the other missionaries have ever heard of her. She was baptised about 20 years ago in a different branch and quickly feel less active due to a lack of support from family but she still has a belief in it. She says she isn't interested in coming back to church but she is more than happy for us to reteach the lessons to her. We are going back in 2 days to teach her about the Restoration and read the Book of Mormon with her.  I felt funny because she was crying and my companion was crying and I was just sitting there...not crying. She offered me a tissue and I just held it. Man my many prayers to help me not be so emotional have really paid off...except for when i'm alone and personal pondering things. I'm still a soke (a cry baby) but not just more of a private one haha.  It was a really humbling experience. We have a goal to meet with at least one member family a day to get to know the ward better and it has been GREAT! We feel a lot more connected and have learned so much from their conversion stories. It has shown me that no effort in this great work is ever wasted, even if we can't see the result behind those efforts. Yesterday I kept reminding myself of that when nobody was home it really helped me keep going and to follow every small prompting. 
Today I was able to finish reading Jesus the Christ and all I can say is WOW. I am so grateful for the simplicity of the gospel and the blessings it has brought into my life... I could just go on and on and on but I know you are already probably falling asleep from my monstrosity of an email hahah. I think the length of my emails just go to show how grateful I am for the time that I have been allotted to serve Him. I will continue to press forward with faith, faith that I can help bring people to the waters of baptism, faith that I can help convert myself and my own family and friends, faith that I can be with my family for time and all eternity, and most of all faith in the great atoning sacrifice of the perfect creator of this earth. I recognize my time is short and I am learning how to have that motivate me rather than cripple me. Learn from the past, look forward to the future, but live in the present for it is a gift.

Love you all.
Ofa atu!
Sister Ashley Boiteux

 
I found myself some kangaroos... if you look closely the one closest to me has a joey in its pouch. Man they are freaking scary! Don't mess with kangaroos mate!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment