Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween

Man as usual there is so much to say that I don't even know where to start. I suppose I'll start with saying Happy Halloween! Hope you all had a splendid day and didn't rot your teeth to much haha. Halloween this year was way better than last year. Our ward did a trunk or treat for the kids and it was really fun, a lot of nonmembers and less-actives came which was awesome! We were able to catch up with Kini and he said he is still super keen to learn so hopefully we will be able to see him this week!
As for the big news about transfers... drum roll! I am still in Woden but have a new companion her name is Sister Fuatimau and she is from the beautiful island of Samoa. Sister Manutulila is now in Tuggernong ward so she didn't move very far (just a couple of feet to the other room hahaha). We still live together which I like. The next few weeks will be an adventure and will require a lot of relying on the Lord but I'm excited to draw closer to my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ.
Especially in the past 24 hours I have learnt how much I really have grown and how much my Heavenly Father really does love and trust me. Im grateful for that spiritual confirmation. The past couple of weeks I have really prayed for the ability to see how I can improve and that He would help me to reach that potential only He can really see in me. With this new transfer I can already see that happening. It would be easy to ask "why me? why can't I just have an easy breazy last transfer like I see some people will have? Why do I always have to be the leader, etc. etc." But I learnt that asking "why" to the Lords will never results in spiritual growth. Instead I ask myself "what can I learn from this experience? What Christlike attributes does He want me to develop and exemplify? How can I become more like my Saviour from this trial?"  With that I have really come to rely so much more on the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ-which enables us to be supported in our trials. 
My mission has meant EVERYTHING to me and Im so grateful to have 6 more weeks to give all that I am and have to the Lord. This past week was a bit rough teaching wise but we found a goldmine of old potential investigator sheets from missionaries who worked here YEARS ago. Man this area has been so disorganized for so long Im happy I can help it! We started contacting them. Most are moved or not interested but some have been open to learning. Once we can decipher the handwriting we are good to go visit more hahaha. It really exciting stuff!
Well folks I'll keep this one small, for your sake ha. Love you heaps!

Love
Sister Boiteux

P-Day last week:
 
"Who's that walking on my bridge?"

my old comp Sister Manutulila and me!

Zion of the mission (Canberra)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment