Pages

Monday, July 3, 2017

Petra, Jordan

Currently in Petra! It is so freaking hot! Yesterday I thought I was in a swimming pool all day haha. But so so blessed that I can't complain. Last night we went to Petra by Night which is this really cool light show that they do each night. They light paper bags with candles and mark the mile and a half hike in and then they have hundreds of lantern bags in front of the famous treasury where they then play traditional Jordanian music. At the end they have you close your eyes, make a wish, and then you open them and they have this amazing array of bright colorful lights shining on the monument. It was beautiful. I took a few pictures but as I sat and just observed the site and those there I realized that sometimes we are so busy trying to capture the moment that we forget to live the moment. A picture isn't worth anything if there isn't any emotion or memory that it helps evoke upon reflection. My goal is to just take meaningful photos and spend the majority of my time just soaking in this amazing experience.
Additionally it's the FOURTH OF JULY!!!! My favorite holiday!!! All I can say is I'm extremely proud to be an American!! There is nowhere else that I'd rather call home. As I drive through these countries it just makes me realized how extremely blessed and grateful I am to live in the USA and to the family that I do. We have a lot of advantages and blessings in our country.
I hope that you all take time to appreciate our wonderful country on this day of Independence and reflect on the men and women who have died to give these rights to us!
Well I hope you all have a splendid holiday and have a great week!!

Love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment